No price updates anymore

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Feb 13 03:30:56 EST 2014

On Thursday 13 February 2014 00:15:17 Russell Mercer wrote:
> I was able to retrieve quotes yesterday, but today when I press "Get
> Quotes", the perl window opens as normal when the process runs, but
> then closes and an error box appears with the following message:
> Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
>
> It then lists all of the securities.
>
> I am running Windows 7 64 bit on an Intel i5 system.
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

If you haven't changed anything on your system in between, the most likely cause of this
issue is that yahoo has changed its api again. This has happened before. Since I have seen
several independent reports of this the last couple of hours this is really the most likely to
have happened.

You can only wait for an updated Finance::Quote package that has adapted to the changed
api. You can (and are encouraged) to report this issue to the Finance::Quote maintainers.
They track their bugs here:
https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Status=Active&Name=Finance-Quote

Geert