Password problem in OFX DirectConnect User Setup

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Fri Feb 14 22:50:56 EST 2014

On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:13 PM, Steve Kelem <steve at kelem.net> wrote:

>   I'm having a problem retrieving the account list for my brokerage.
>   I have the user settings, bank settings, & applications settings
>   entered into the OFX DirectConnect User Setup.
>   I clicked on Retrieve Account List, and it gave me a popup asking for
>   my password. I mistyped my password and I was denied access. When I
>   clicked Retrieve Account List a second time, it didn't bother to ask
>   for my password again. It used the previously-entered, bad, password.
>   If I exit out of the User Setup and try it again, it still retains my
>   bad password.
>   How can I enter my correct password?
>   Thanks,
>   Steve
Have you tried quitting gnucash, relaunching, and then going back to online banking setup? I don't believe aqbanking will retain a password beyond the current session. There may even be a selection somewhere to prevent it from keeping a password at all, but I'm not sure about that.

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com