Blank Unrealised Gains/Total Equity/Total Liabilities & Equity on BS

pete.dickson at gmail.com pete.dickson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 20:16:36 EST 2014

On 14 February 2014 23:55, pete.dickson at gmail.com
<pete.dickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running into the issue(/bug?) where on some dates some of the
> entries in the Balance Sheet go blank, namely Unrealised Gains, Total
> Equity, and Total Liabilities & Equity. The resulting balance sheet
> entries look like this:
>
> Unrealised Gains                C$
> Total Equity                    C$
> Total Liabilities & Equity      C$

Well, after more playing around with this, it looks like my balance
sheet problem was due to having Price Source set to "Average Cost" for
the report. Setting to "Nearest in Time" (for example) fixes it. I'm
still not really clear why the Average Cost selection results in blank
output, but at least I have a working balance sheet again!

I had found a different date range showing the same problem starting
on a date I purchased stock. Using Average Cost for price source was
also resulting in the blank values -- in this case it makes sense to
me because I had not yet populated anything into the Price Editor for
this stock (txns were imported from Quicken). But once I populated the
price history, using Average cost works again. But price history for
USD is already populated.

Pete