GnuCash plugin system

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 17 10:15:18 EST 2014

There is, but it's ugly and more of an architectural quirk of GnuCash than something that would be useful to third-party developers. The sparse DOxygen docs are at http://code.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/group__PluginManager.html.

>  I am possibly interested in development of a Payroll program (for
> Australia but hopefully general enough to be adaptable for other countries)
> and if there is a usable interface it would make the task easier. I like the
> idea of using an OFX ( or other suitable format) and keeping a Payroll
> program separate and simply importing an output file into GnuCash

I think you'd find that approach easier and more likely to succeed than to try to hook in to GnuCash directly. It would have the additional advantage of working with most other accounting programs as well.

Regards,
John Ralls