2.6.0. display settings/GUI

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 10:40:33 EST 2014

You can modify the fonts pretty easily with a ".gtkrc-2.0.gnucash" file (or
whatever might be appropriate for your particular operating system). The
graphical interface is based upon GTK and is thus very customizable.
For example, to set the font and menu icon configuration I prefer, my
.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash file contains the following:

--- Begin .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash Stuff ----

gtk-font-name = "Lucida Grande 12"
gtk-toolbar-style = GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH
gtk-toolbar-icon-size = GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
style "gnc-register"
{
font_name = "Chalkboard 12"
}
widget "*.GnucashSheet" style "gnc-register"

--- End .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash Stuff ----

There's a lot of other stuff that can be set up like colors and the like,
but it takes a bit more doing. The font names, like "Chalkboard" and "Lucida
Grande" are just selected from your available ones for your system.

-----
Ken Farley