Another Advanced Portfoio update

Richard Ullger rullger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:20:03 EST 2014

On 16/02/14 07:16, Mike Alexander wrote:
> --On February 16, 2014 5:20:22 PM +1100 Chris Good
> <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I just tried the new report and it crashes with :
>> Report Error
>> An error occurred while running the report.
>>
>> Line 50 still mentions "ignore parent and sibling transfers" option...
>
> Oops, stupid mistake.  I got some parens in the wrong place around line
> 670.  The line you found has nothing to do with the problem.  I left
> most of the code for that option in, but just commented out the code
> that displays it and hard coded the value to false.  That way I can
> easily put it back if it turns out to be useful.
>
> Thanks for the report.  Give the one I just checked in a try.  Sorry for
> the problem.
>
>                Mike

Thanks for the update.

Things are looking good but I have the following observations.

- The money out and realised gain columns are not including income that
has not been reinvested.

- The basis and money in columns are not including charges from a sale.

- Where a stock has zero holding and you run the report with the setting
'Include accounts with no shares' selected, the money in column is
reporting the basis (without the sale charges as stated above). That is,
the initial investment plus the reinvestment. Total return is correct
but the rate of return is incorrect.

Other than that its spot on.

Regards,

Richard.