How to edit/unpost a posted bill in GnuCash 2.6.1

David Beattie dvdbeattie at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 15:04:45 EST 2014

I have had the disappearing icons problem for a while now... just for reference.  I believe I had the same problem under 2.4, but it's hard to remember now, since I've been using 2.6 for a month+ since 2.6.0 was released.

For reference, my laptop screen is at 1280x800, its native resolution, not an atypical resolution for a 5-year-old laptop.  However, I am running desktop scaling at 115%, which enlarges everything to make the fonts bigger, equivalent to an effective resolution of 1113x696.  Some people may run at other desktop scalings, like 125% (typical) or more with a recent higher-resolution laptop, because on a laptop screen, usually the resolution is such nowadays that the fonts are too small to be readable.  Sadly, 1113 effective pixels doesn't seem to be enough for showing the entire toolbar in GnuCash.  But since I was familiar with unposting previously and knew there was a toolbar button before it disappeared on me, I knew where to look for it, so it wasn't a problem for me, just a minor annoyance.

I think the problem probably surfaced when the "Up/Down" buttons appeared on the toolbar during the 2.4 releases.  It's a nice feature, but I'd rather hide these buttons at this point since they are less important, and can be accessed from a right-click on the entries in the invoice line items, if it means being able to show unpost and pay buttons without a "more buttons" menu.

Hope this makes things a bit more clear.

--David Beattie

On Monday, February 17, 2014 11:29 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

On Monday 17 February 2014 11:21:04 Fred wrote:
> Yes.  The problem is in the default display with 2.6.1 the icons are
> so big some are hidden, including the unpost icon.

That's odd... There is no change in the code to use bigger icons. So I
wonder where that is coming from. Does GnuCash use a different theme by
default for 2.4 and 2.6 ?

Geert