Restore Backed Up Settings?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Feb 17 17:40:30 EST 2014

WasserLand wrote:

> After a nasty crash I was forced to clean re-install my 12.04 LTS.
> However, I have a backed up copy of of my Home folder (Grsync
> hooray!).  I am hoping to be able to restore some GnuCash settings I
> had previously:
>
> 1. Memorised transactions (used when importing banking transactions)
> 2. Setup for my share portfolio "Price Editor" (Can't seem to get it
>    working again from scratch!)
>
> I would like simply to overwrite the newly installed GnuCash files
> with those that I have backed up but I am not sure which files and where?
>
> I have opened my data from the backup and that works okay.
>
> Help please . . . . .

I am not SURE what you are asking. Programs are programs, data, is data,
even application data as long as it is stored in your data area and not
in some file in a program directory.

Now there MIGHT be something different with gnucash under linux (or
unix, etc.). But have you tried simply replacing your new home directory
with the one you have on backup. Didn't that restore ALL of your data
files?  << since presumably each user under a linux system that was
using gnucash would have their own gnucash data so should be somewhere
in that user's directory >>

Michael