account tree export/import

Elwood elwoodblues at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 19 20:42:26 EST 2014

Are the account tree export/import features intended to be used if your files already has transaction data, or are these there primarily for setting up accounts like you want them before loading any data?  I noticed that changing the name of an existing account in the CSV file really just causes you to create a new account on import.  Really what I am trying to do is clean up after a large Quicken import, so there are many categories that are not where they need to be in the hierarchy.  Just trying to understand what I should and shouldn't try to do manually in the CSV versus just slogging through it in the account interface.

Sent from my iPad