Reconciliation window can't do basic math?!

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Feb 20 17:23:45 EST 2014

On Feb 20, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Wolfgang Faust <wolfgangmcq at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure what a "single-split transaction" is. The two
> transactions that were giving trouble were in fact splits, spread
> across the main account and a sub-account.

Please remember to copy the list on all replies. Use “reply all” or “reply-list” if your mail client supports it.
I forgot to add it to the CC list on my earlier reply, so reply-all to this one.

In general, transactions must have at least two splits; a “split transaction” has three or more. GnuCash 2.6.0 has a bug that can create single-split transactions if you prematurely hit “return”, and having created them, it hides them so that they’re invisible, but still includes them in balance calculations. This is fixed in 2.6.1.

So I take it that in this case the problem is that you have a transaction which has a split each in a parent and child account? Do you have “Include subaccounts” checked in the Reconcile Information Dialog?

Regards,
John Ralls