FX entry question

Joan Ghieuw joan at cea.hk
Thu Feb 27 07:36:34 EST 2014

Dear GnuCash Users,

(also posted this question in the GnuCash IRC Chat):

I have an FX transaction buy HKD sold USD. I entered first in the USD a/c. Since, the Reporting Currency is HKD, I input the FX 7.74 in the FX dialogue box. I entered the Transfer A/C to the HKD a/c. But, it multiplies the Amount 4x (four times). There isn't any simple straight screen snapshot illustration to teach user how to enter FX transaction. Maybe, it overlooked the fact that FX is the core concept in Investments and others. Another strange things happens, I couldn't see the opposite HKD transaction under the HKD a/c list of transaction. I had deleted the USD entry, trying to start from scratch. But didn't make the HKD reappear.

With best wishes,

Joan
Executive Assistant

Tel. (852) 3976 6043
Email: joan at cea.hk
705, 7/F, 9 Queen’s Road Central,
Hong Kong
www.mclpartners.com.hk
DISCLAIMERS:
Every investment involves risks.
The prices of securities and other investment products may go down as well as up and past performance is not a guaranteed indicator of future performance. This email (including any attachments) may contain material that is confidential, privileged, subject to copyright and / or a work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, distribution, copying or disclosure by others or forwarding of this message without the express permission of the sender is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this email (and any copies thereof) entirely from your email system. Email communications cannot be guaranteed to be error or virus free.  We do not accept liability for any error or damage which may arise as a result.