Cash Flow Report Problem

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Feb 28 09:12:09 EST 2014

>What it did force me to do is to look around some more. I have been
>using gnuCash for a very long time for some small non-profit groups that
>I am treasurer of since it works well across multiple platforms (I'm a
>Linux guy, but most of the other volunteers aren't). When I started
>using gnuCash the Cash Flow report was our "fix" for a broken (or maybe
>it was non-existent) P&L statement for those of us that do Cash-based
>accounting rather than Accrual.
>
>What I have just done is take a look at the built-in P&L report in 2.6
>and it produces the expected values for me. So, I am now methodically
>deleting all my "saved" Cash Flow tabs and replacing them with Profit &
>Loss tabs. So I do have a good working solution going forward.

I'm confused, Robert. I've been using gnucash to keep the books for
non-profits since 2006 and all of the organizations involved are keeping
their books on the cash basis.

Gnucash has always (at least that far back) been able to produce a
"Statement of Revenues" (what a non-profit calls the "Profit and Loss"
report). OK, there is a slight problem with the NAME gnucash gave that
report, "Income Statement", so perhaps if a beginner with gnucash I had
not taken the time to LOOK at all of the reports provided to see what
they did I might not have found it.

Michael D Novack