Fidelity; was: Stock Price quotes

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 10:08:21 EST 2014

Hi,

Am 28.02.2014 15:42, schrieb Geert Janssens:
:
> On Friday 28 February 2014 06:21:33 fastsnip-bcard at yahoo.com
> wrote:
>> does that mean that the fidelity service also changed?
>>
> I don't know. From what I have learned in earlier conversations
> many of the available services are mostly aliases for the yahoo
> service. But I don't use price quotes myself so I can't say for sure
> if Fidelity is one suce alias or not.
>
> Geert

# man Finance::Quote::Fidelity
will give you some explaination:
:
:
:
>  Finance::Quote::Yahoo::USA;

Some testing:
# gnc-fq-dump fidelity_direct FBGRX
No results found for stock FBGRX.

# gnc-fq-dump fidelity FBGRX
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: FBGRX                <=== required
      date: 02/27/2014           <=== required
  currency: USD                  <=== required
      last: 66.83                <=\
       nav: 66.83                <=== one of these
     price: 66.83                <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

So it seems you are indirectly using Yahoo

~Frank