Account Errors

Donna Pfeifer donna32132 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 16:47:42 EST 2014

This has been my first year of using Gnucash and as I look over the files for 2013, I have found a couple of issues.

In August I inadvertently posted postage of $6.60 to the imbalance account.

What is the easiest way to correct this?

Towards the end of the year, I was able to pay myself a small amount and I did this using the Equity > Owner’s Draw account. This now shows a negative balance and, to a lesser extent, so does the Equity account.

Did I do it wrong? How should I correct it?

Sorry for the newbie questions. I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks!