business accounts receivable report problems

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jan 4 13:34:06 EST 2014

On Thursday 02 January 2014 19:23:03 Marc Evans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running gnucash-2.6.0 on OSX 10.9.1, installed via the DMG from
> the gnucash site.
>
> When running Reports > Business > Receivable Aging the reports that
> results shows the wrongs figures, such that many items that should be
> zero at not. When I click on a problem figure trying to figure out
> details of why, a new tab is shown specific to the customer, showing
> that same problem figure in the Total Due, but zeros in both the
> credits and debits columns. If I then:
>
> 1) Select Report Options
> 2) Select From > Start of previous year
> 3) Select From > Start of accounting period
> 4) Select Apply
>
> The result is a proper customer report with all zeros.
>
> Am I somehow not properly using the system or is this a bug?

Hi Marc,

I am currently not in a position to look into this in more detail, but I do know that the
accounts receivable handling did change from 2.4 to 2.6 to enable credit notes in
GnuCash. I wouldn't rule out this code did introduce bugs in how the receivable aging
reports interprets posted invoices and payments.

I'll get back to this later.

Geert