GnuCash 2.6 Dutch: cannot start new file

Egbert van der Wal ewal at pointpro.nl
Sat Jan 4 14:49:09 EST 2014

Hi,

I've been using GnuCash 2.4.13 up till now and today I decided to give
2.6 a try. I had to compile it manually, because Ubuntu 12.04 is not
supported by any of the precompiled packages (all sorts of modernistic
dependencies). Compilation went fine, the program starts.

However, when I run gnucash normally, in the Dutch language as per my
system settings, I cannot start a new file. On the third screen
'Settings for new file' or something, the 'Forward' button is disabled.
However, if I start using:

LC_ALL=C gnucash

I get the English version which does allow me to create a new file and
the Forward button on the same screen is not disabled. Any clues what
might be causing this?

Thanks,

Egbert van der Wal