2.6 is on ubuntu!

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 06:47:34 EST 2014

On 5 January 2014 11:09, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
> On 01/05/2014 03:01 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 5 January 2014 10:54, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I am using 13.10.  below is the result of your request:
>>>
>>>    Installed: 1:2.6.0-1~getdeb1
>>>    Candidate: 1:2.6.0-1~getdeb1
>>>    Version table:
>>>   *** 1:2.6.0-1~getdeb1 0
>>>          500 http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/ saucy-getdeb/apps i386
>>> Packages
>>>          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>>>       1:2.4.13-1ubuntu1 0
>>>          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/universe i386
>>> Packages
>>
>> OK, so you are getting it from getdeb.net, not the official Ubuntu
>> repository.
>>
>> Colin
>>

> uhhhh ...  I selected the 'software center' on my 'applications menu' drop
> down menu.  where ubuntu gets it is beyond me.  I have been checking the sc
> every day to see if it has 2.6 yet, as it has been ver 2.4.x

It is not beyond you, because if you look at the display from the
apt-cache command you will see that it has installed version 2.6 from
the getdeb repository.

You must have enabled the getdeb repository at some point, possibly in
order to get an earlier gnucash update.  From the software centre if
you select Edit > Software Sources and select the Other Software tab
you will see that you have added the getdeb repository.

Colin