2.6 is on ubuntu!

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 08:43:53 EST 2014

On 5 January 2014 13:25, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
> On 01/05/2014 03:47 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>> You must have enabled the getdeb repository at some point, possibly in
>> order to get an earlier gnucash update.  From the software centre if
>> you select Edit > Software Sources and select the Other Software tab
>> you will see that you have added the getdeb repository.
>>
>> Colin
>>

> you're right.  I've never noticed those menu items before.  on 1/2/14 it was
> suggested that I run an apt-get command referencing the debget site.  It
> didn't work, so I gave up.  should I leave that on? not sure if I will get
> alpha or beta programs that I might not want.

If you disable it (which you can do just by un-checking it in the
Software Sources) then you will not get any further gnucash (or other)
updates from that site, but I think it should leave 2.6 installed.  It
is true that you may get (or have already got) updates to other apps
that you may not want.

Colin