Bayesian import not allowed with QIF

Daniel Olmedilla dolmedilla at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 8 14:24:08 EST 2014

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the quick answer:

>> - Is OFX or QFX available somehow for German banks such as Diba, com direct
>> or the Spanish ING Direct?
>
> No, but isn't HBCI available to you?

It seems only one bank from the 3 I mentioned support HBCI (comdirect). For Diba (in Germany) and ING Direct (in Spain) I have not been able to find anything. I am also having problems getting HBCI to work (but I will open a new thread for that).

>> - Is there any other easy way any of you could imagine to follow (removing
>> the changing token from the description of the transactions is not feasible
>> since the place varies depending the type of transaction)?
>
> You could pre-process the QIF and add an appropriate L (category) line
> which will then take precedence over the P/M lines?

I am not sure I understand that. You mean I would classify the transactions before importing, and in the classification I would assign a different text to each matching? That would mean I am replicating the rules on my pre-processor, right?

Thanks.

	D.