remembering & printing payee addresses?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Fri Jan 10 12:44:36 EST 2014

Hi, Derek:

On 1/10/2014 9:24 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com> writes:
>
>>        I'm migrating to GnuCash under Ubuntu 12.04 LTE from MS Windows
>> 99.  I've successfully imported the .qif file exported from Money and
>> printed checks on my check forms.
>>

>>        However, I'd like to have GnuCash remember addresses associated
>> with payees, and I can't find how to do that.  File > "Print Check"
>> includes an Address field, which I can complete. However, that
>> information seems not to be retained.  The next time I want to write a
>> check to the same payee, I need to enter the address again.  Is there
>> a way to get around this?
>>

>>        I'm using GnuCash 2.4.10, which is the default version installed
>> for Ubuntu 12.04 LTE.  Might it help to upgrade to 2.6.0?
> AFAIK GnuCash has no storage to member Payee Addresses.

       Thanks for your reply.

       Would you know of some other stand alone accounting software that
would support writing checks while remembering payee addresses that can
also import data from MS Money 99?

       The Wikipedia article on "Comparison of accounting software"
lists 5 different packages with a "personal" market focus (GnuCash,
Grisbi, HomeBank, JGnash, KMyMoney)
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_accounting_software). At
least one (HomeBank) does not support writing checks at all (or didn't
in 2008).  JGnash reportedly does.  I don't know about the others.

       Thanks again.

       Spencer Graves