remembering & printing payee addresses?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 10 13:06:57 EST 2014

Hi,

Spencer Graves <spencer.graves at prodsyse.com> writes:

>       Thanks for your reply.
>

>       Would you know of some other stand alone accounting software
> that would support writing checks while remembering payee addresses
> that can also import data from MS Money 99?
>

>       The Wikipedia article on "Comparison of accounting software"
> lists 5 different packages with a "personal" market focus (GnuCash,
> Grisbi, HomeBank, JGnash, KMyMoney)
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_accounting_software). At
> least one (HomeBank) does not support writing checks at all (or didn't
> in 2008).  JGnash reportedly does.  I don't know about the others.

Sorry, I've never used anything else than GnuCash since I started with
it about 14 years ago.  So alas I don't have an answer for you.

If this feature is so important to you then you could always code in the
feature and donate it.  I don't know offhand the right way to do it;
there isn't a good place to store the information or even a good object
to attach the address.

We DO have an Address sub-object abstraction available, but it's not a
primary object in its own right.