2.6.0. display settings/GUI

Adam Spacey adam.spacey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 00:46:54 EST 2014

I recently upgraded to 2.6.0 but found the display graphics and menu icons
changed from the previous version I was using (2.3…) As I’ve been happy and
productive GnuCash user for five years, it was quite difficult to adapt to
2.6.0’s chunkier graphics and icons. The only settings I could find to play
with were under edit/preferences/register/graphics, which didn’t resolve
much.

Eventually I installed 2.4.4 instead, and the familiar green and cream
register graphics, menu headings, fonts size, etc, returned.

Am I missing something here? Are there some other settings I can change to
get the 'old look' in 2.6.0?

I could use some of the new features in 2.6.0, such as attaching external
files to transactions, but I loathe the subtle changes I’m getting with the
GUI.

Many thanks,

Adam Spacey