Tracking gold/silver/bitcoin.

Farflame glynn5 at soccerstar.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 16:49:15 EST 2014

I have small amounts of gold, silver and bitcoin and was wondering if there's
a good way to track them in Gnucash. I've tried fiddling around with the
stocks option but can't really work out what's going on. Oddly, I found the
main program very simple to use, having never kept books before, I picked it
all up in a few minutes without even needing the tutorial. But the stocks
options confuse the hell out of me and seem to pertain to stocks rather than
commodities.

So, is there any way that I can track my gold, silver and bitcoins in
Gnucash? A little tutorial would help if so :)