Accuracy issues importing QIF files with split transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 15 11:35:29 EST 2014

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> I don’t know if that will get addressed soon. The QIF importer is in
> Scheme, and that’s not one of my strengths. Geert and Christian are
> much better at it but they’re both busy on real life and may not have
> time.
>
> So I recommend getting either 2.4.13 or 2.4.15; in fact, it would be
> useful for you to test 2.4.15 and see if whatever is causing the
> problem got backported. If you see the problem there, then revert to
> 2.4.13. There’s no point in making extra work for yourself.

My guess is that this has something to do with a "rounding" change that
went into trunk.  ISTR such a patch going through, but I don't recall
when or where it happened.  Looking at the QIF importer I don't see any
difference w.r.t. GNC-RND-.. so it's not a change there.

I'm not sure how to get git log to follow file/directory renames.