Accuracy issues importing QIF files with split transactions

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 14 16:48:15 EST 2014

On Jan 14, 2014, at 12:44 PM, Elwood <elwoodblues at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> I've added the info the to Bugzilla entry.  (I changed to my 'spammier' email account from when I started this thread.)
>
> As I'm new to this, how can I tell if/when a bug is being or will be addressed?  I realize this is all volunteer coding, and I'm not exactly qualified to help in that department, but how do I make a decision on what to do next?  (Wait for fix, try to install 2.4.14 version and re-import, or stay in 2.6 and manually fix the hundreds of transaction errors.)
>
> On another note, I might be able to help with testing or documentation, if/when I get transitioned on to Gnucash.

I don’t know if that will get addressed soon. The QIF importer is in Scheme, and that’s not one of my strengths. Geert and Christian are much better at it but they’re both busy on real life and may not have time.

So I recommend getting either 2.4.13 or 2.4.15; in fact, it would be useful for you to test 2.4.15 and see if whatever is causing the problem got backported. If you see the problem there, then revert to 2.4.13. There’s no point in making extra work for yourself.

Regards,
John Ralls