internal link between invoice and payment lots

Edward Hardy hardyedward at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:19:05 EST 2014

Hi there

I am quite new to Gnucash, and just updated from 2.4. to 2.6. I am
having a simple issue when paying an invoice. When I create the payment,
instead of seeing one extra row in the Receivables register, I am see an
extra 3. These are:

- The one payment row I expected
- A new invoice row, with memo "internal link between invoice and
payment lots"
  - A new payment row, also with memo "internal link between invoice and
payment lots"

This means I now have a total of 4 rows, whereas before (in version 2.4)
there were only 2. I assume they are there to show the link between the
invoice and the payment, but it isn't half cluttering up the register.

Is there anything I can do remove these additional rows, or stop them
being created in the first place.

Thanks in advance,

Edward