Advanced Portfolio Report

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Jan 19 02:23:11 EST 2014

--On January 11, 2014 3:29:05 AM -0800 PeterO <petero at fotodomain.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Mike, I have regained a bit of confidence now. Good luck with
> the fix, looking forward to it.

I just checked in a series of changes to the Advanced Portfolio report.
This turned out to be a bigger job than I expected.  Every time I
started pulling on a thread something else unravelled.  I'm pretty sure
it works better than before, but I'm also sure there are still bugs,
including possibly some I've introduced.

If you want to try this and don't want to wait for it to appear in a
distribution, it should be possible to drop it in to any GnuCash 2.6
installation.  It might also work in 2.4, but I haven't tried that.
The one file that has changed is
share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/standard-reports/advanced-portfolio.scm
and the new version can be found at

<http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/report/standard-reports/advanced-portfolio.scm>

If you replace this file in your installation Guile will issue a few
messages about compiling it the next time you run GnuCash.  These can
safely be ignored.  Make sure you have a backup before you replace the
file in case something goes wrong.

If you try it and find problems, let me know.

         Mike