processing payment doens't show my posted bills

neeraj rai neerajr at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 19 18:20:22 EST 2014

Hi, I have spent 2 days reading the docs but still having trouble processing payment from my bills to my bank account.I can post the bill (due date = payment date are both in past )but it doesn't show the bill when I hit process payment.Transfer acccount shows up on bottom left and I can still generate an entry for the amount the checking account.But I would like to post it against the bill Details of clicks :Create bill 1.  Business -> Vendor -> New Bill 2. Vendor name -> ok3. enter date (6/17/2013 in past) 4. enter expense account  (I was expecting an A/payable here but that may be the root of confusion) Post bill 1.  Business -> Vendor -> Find Bill 2. Vendor name drop down -> type name -> ok3. select my bill and hit post4. enter post date, due date (6/17/2013 in past) 5. choose A/Payable accountEntry shows up the in the payable account Process Payment 1.  Business -> Vendor -> Find Bill 2. Vendor name drop down -> type name -> ok3. select my bill and hit process paymentVendor shows on top left. A/Payable shows up on top rightDocuments are emptyTransaction Detail dt is today : 1/19/2014Transfer acccount shows up on bottom left and I can still generate an entry for the amountBut I would like to post it against the bill thanks