Upgrading to 2.6 from 2.4 seems to have broken my CAD account...

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jan 21 14:40:53 EST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, January 21, 2014 2:23 pm, Michael Carney wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just updated to 2.6 today, and noticed the following two problems:
>
> 1) My checking account in Canadian currency (CAD) will no longer accept
> new entries. I can type them in OK, but hitting "return" no longer saves
> the transaction. Instead, the focus goes to the date field. Closing the
> account presents a dialog box asking if I want to Save/Discard the
> transaction (or cancel). Selecting Save closes the dialog, but does not
> save the transaction. US currency accounts seem to work fine.

Try running Actions -> Reset Warnings

My initial guess is that it doesn't like... something.  Like maybe you
don't have an exchange rate set?

> 2) There's a problem with gnucash-docs:
>
> Test Transaction Errors: file /usr/share/gnome/help/gnucash-guide from
> install of gnucash-docs-2.6.0-1.fc20.noarch conflicts with file from
> package gnucash-docs-2.4.2-2.fc20.noarch
> file /usr/share/gnome/help/gnucash-help from install of
> gnucash-docs-2.6.0-1.fc20.noarch conflicts with file from package
> gnucash-docs-2.4.2-2.fc20.noarch

This would be either user error (you trying to manually install the 2.6
docs RPM instead of upgrading it) or a problem you should tell Red Hat.
We don't do packaging here.

> As you can see, I'm running Fedora 20. On a x86_64 machine.

yep, so you should contact them about #2.

> Mike

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745