Button labels gone, can't figure out how to get back

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Tue Jan 21 15:20:20 EST 2014

On 01/21/2014 03:01 PM, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> In the latest 2.6 series of GnuCash, this option is no more
> configurable in the GnuCash preferences: the setting is read directly
> from the OS.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, as opposed to getting the /default/
setting from GNOME and allowing the user to override it in GnuCash.
Because after all, no user would ever want to have toolbars behave
differently in different applications, right?
> So you should figure out how to change the toolbar display setting
> system wide in Fedora 20 (I've done it only in Ubuntu, can't help you
> with Fedora).
dconf write /org/gnome/desktop/interface/toolbar-style  "'both'"

Or you can do the same thing in the dconf-editor GUI.
> Can you point out where the documentation states that you can change
> this behaviour from the Windows Preferences so that I can correct it?
I was looking at the 2.4 documentation which is what Google brought up
when I searched for "GnuCash button labels". The documentation of the
removed feature has been correctly removed in the 2.6 documentation.

   jik