2.6: Changing accounting period does nothing.

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Wed Jan 22 13:10:30 EST 2014

Il 22/01/2014 16.46, Graham P Davis ha scritto:
> I just changed the accounting period via edit - preferences and using
> absolute dates. I was a bit concerned that the only button available on
> the panel was 'close' and found that I was right to be so as the change
> of dates was not saved.
>
> I've bypassed the problem by changing the period within the report I
> was producing. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? As I only
> have to change this once per year, I don't recall what buttons were
> available on the preferences panel last year.

The accounting period in the preferences affects only the summarybar
(which is the bar on the bottom of the GnuCash window where Profits, Net
Assets etc... are displayed) and not the reports; the change is
immediate and there is no need to have a confirmation button (just
change the accounting period and look at the summarybar). To change
reports period you should do what you've done: change the dates in the
report options. It was the same for the 2.4 version of GnuCash.

Regards
Cristian