Linux Mint Debian

Les Elliott lelliott5 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:08:34 EST 2014

The first machine I installed LMDE on was an Asus Eeepc which had xp on it.
 I did a dual boot to find out what kind of problems I might have but
everything seemed to work.  After a few weeks of testing,  I wiped the disk
and installed LMDE  and have had no problems other than minor config issues
which I don't remember details.

Its been running almost 2 years.  Updates occur infrequently and without
errors except for one.  That was a flash update which caused a problem with
Chrome, but the next update fixed it.  It was a minor inconvenience and I
just switched to Firefox.  This is the only update issue I have had, and
since I wasn't tied in any way to Chrome, no problem.  I did report it on
the Mint forum.

Good luck.  (As always ymmv.)

Les

--