Implementing COGS with multicurrency

Vladimir Avramenko vladimir.avramenko at gridnine.com
Fri Jan 31 02:08:42 EST 2014

There is perfect explanation for the process with single currency given
in http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/44097

Could someone please give me the similar scheme for the case of two
currencies. Namely:
1. Suppose my Company resells air tickets in USD.
2. Company takes a ticket from Vendor (Vendor works with EUR, and the
ticket costs 100 EUR)
3. Company resells ticket to Customer in USD with rate EUR = 1.3 USD
plus Company takes an additional Fee 10 USD from Customer
4. Company pays 100 EUR to Vendor with rate EUR=1.4 USD

It is preferable to use Trading account because, according to article
http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/accounting/tutorial.html, it is the
most correct way to deal with multicurrency.