GnuCash 2.6.3 Requires Run As Administrator on Windows 7 x64

Frank Gore gore at fpzmedia.com
Sun Jul 6 21:00:54 EDT 2014

I've been using GnuCash for years and years and years (since 2003 I think).
First on Linux and now on Windows 7 x64. The most recent version I've been
using is 2.4.14. I recently installed 2.6.3, and now GnuCash won't run
anymore. The splash screen comes up, the Hints window makes an appearance,
and then everything vanishes silently. I've never made any changes to the
environment file or any of the other files or registry entries. I've always
run GnuCash installed "as is".

If I run GnuCash 2.6.3 as Administrator, then it starts up and runs just
fine. But my GnuCash budget file is on a network share which is only
accessible by the currently logged-in user, not by the Administrator. So I
can run GnuCash this way, but I can't access my data.

Uninstalling GnuCash 2.6.3 and re-installing 2.4.14 "fixes" the problem.

Can anyone help?

--
Frank Gore
THE place to talk photography!