Ver 2.6.3 no split entry

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 9 09:10:28 EDT 2014

Scott,

Scott Roe <scott384 at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi John:
>
> No, I'm not using the invoicing.  I am not having any trouble
> balancing between currencies.  Yes, the transaction is deleted, which
> is my problem.

If you are not using invoicing then you should most definitely NOT be
using the A/R account type.  Just use a regular Asset account type.

> To reiterate: I enter a split transaction and everything goes find
> down to the last entry, which balances and when I hit enter, poof,
> gone!
>
> Any ideas on what it could be?

As Cat suggested, this can happen if you remove the split that ties the
transaction to the current account.  For example, if you have the Foo
account open but at the end of the transaction none of the splits are
for Foo, then the transaction will disappear from the Foo account view.
Poof, it looks like it disappeared.

Have you tried looking in the Expense accounts to see if the transaction
is visible there?  Or as Cat suggested, look to see if there's anything
in your Imbalance-XXX account (if it was created)?