Ver 2.6.3 no split entry

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Jul 9 16:11:21 EDT 2014

>If you are not using invoicing then you should most definitely NOT be
>using the A/R account type.  Just use a regular Asset account type.

I'm going to try to clarify what Derrick just said (in case there is
confusion)

There are accounts that are LOGICALLY of (accounting type) "Accounts
Receivable" and there is within gnucash (gnucash type) "Accounts
Receivable". The latter should ONLY be used within the gnucash "business
features". If you are not using the business features you could  have
manual processing of receivables using suitably named accounts in the
Asset part of the tree.

The sort of thing that would make sense if the entity for which the
books were being kept had no use for the business features in general
but SOMETIMES had the odd receivable or payable (and that possibly with
non-standard conditions).

Michael