Advance payment for multiple invoices for multiple accounts

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Fri Jul 11 10:48:17 EDT 2014

I'm not an accountant, either, but it seems to me you want your books to
reflect where the money actually is/went. So in this case I would
deposit the check into the appropriate bank account (increase).  The
balancing transaction, or "other side" of the transaction, would be the
suspense account, which is why you set that up as a liability.  The
money is in your bank account, but you need to indicate it's still
"owed" to some other account(s).

RBM