Advance payment for multiple invoices for multiple accounts

Donna Pfeifer donna32132 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 12:35:47 EDT 2014

Thanks, Maf!

That works fine and is simple enough for me to follow.

Thank you all for your help. I couldn't do it without you.

Donna

On Friday, July 11, 2014 12:34 PM, Maf. King <maf at chilwell.net> wrote:

On Fri 11 July 14 07:29:44 Donna Pfeifer wrote:
> The transfer account is where the money goes into and I believe I need a way
> to pull it out, right?
>
> I could enter a negative amount in the pay invoice field but that seems like
> it would mess up accounts receivable.

Hi,

This is all from memory, as I haven't got GC available today...

Deposit cheque into the bank and record it as a transfer from Asset:suspense

process payment for invoice 1, the money transfers between A/R & Suspense

repeat for invoice 2 (and again in the future, if there is an overpayment to
carry forwards)

When all is done, A/R should have gone down by (say) £500, suspense should be
0 and Bank needs to be up by (say) £500

HTH,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542