Fwd: Problem with entering first split transaction

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:18:12 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cathleen Caffrey <cathleencaffrey at att.net>
Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Subject: Problem with entering first split transaction
To: alex.aycinena at gmail.com

I read and reread your instructions, but I still can’t figure out how to
split out a charge to amazon, where each item belongs in a separate expense
category.  I tried following the income example, but that didn’t seem to
work.  The totals were wrong .

I tried to enter a transaction under my credit card with “Amazon” as the
payee.  I can enter the total amount but cannot figure out how to split out
the subtotals, including tax.  Tried various methods.  Nothing worked.

HELP.

Cathleen Caffrey

PS Like your program but DO wish you could make a simple password access to
the accounts file.  I’m not sophisticated enough to figure out how to
encrypt or password protect the file.  The only solution I could come up
with was to leave out all account numbers and not plan on any on-line
transactions.  I’ve tried Quicken before and HATE it.  Like yours.