Mac Keyboard Shortcuts

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Sun Jul 13 14:16:48 EDT 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 10:24, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:

>  So, my question is about the keyboard shortcut normally used to hide an application under Mac OS X: Command-H. When I press this key combination with GnuCash as the front-most application, GnuCash remains visible and I'm presented with the Help Contents in Safari (my default browser). This is the same behavior as I get when pressing F1 in GnuCash. Looking in the menus, I can see that F1 is suggested as the keyboard shortcut for Help->Help Contents and Command-H is suggested as the shortcut for GnuCash->Hide GnuCash. Selecting Hide GnuCash from the GnuCash menu hides the program.

FYI, I have the same problem, using GnuCash 2.6.0. I would also like to note that:

1. the problem did not exist in the older version 2.4.8.

2. the standard keyboard shortcut for Help on Mac OS X is neither F1 nor Command-H but Command-? (i.e. Command-Shift-/), which should open the Help _menu_.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>