new issue - trying to allocate multiple checks deposited to their various income accounts when all deposited at once

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 22:53:41 EDT 2014

Cat,

I'd like to note for the list and the record that GnuCash makes a distinction between the Enter key and the Tab key. The Enter key commits the transaction in GnuCash. When you "enter ... the total amount of cheque..." you tell GnuCash to close the transaction, which result in a split being created to the Imbalance account (which you address). Your instructions and data entry might be quicker if you tabbed from field to field in the transaction. Gnucash will still track the imbalance amount, but you are less likely to accidentally leave an imbalance on the books, since the Imbalance split hasn't yet been created.

David
(one of those Yahoo accounts...)