new issue - trying to allocate multiple checks deposited to their various income accounts when all deposited at once

Carpetnailz carpetnailz at researchintegration.org
Tue Jul 15 09:07:44 EDT 2014

Here's what I do:

I have a nominal asset acct that I call 'Uncashed checks'.
When I get a check that I'm not going to deposit immediately (or a bunch
of checks at once), I separately debit each check in that account and
credit the appropriate acct (income, acct receivable, whatever). This
way I have a neat, separate entry for each of the checks with
appropriate date, explanation, etc.

Then I simply enter a transfer of the total to my checking acct. On the
notes/memo line (I still haven't quite figured out why they behave
differently) I just list the checks I'm including in that transfer.

Hope this helps.