making a payment to an invoice from Accounts Receivable

Jason Stewart jason.e.stewart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:20:26 EDT 2014

Ah... yes... I did not know about that function... Thanks!

That brings up another question. And it is not GnuCash specific but perhaps
more of a general accounting question.

I am organizing an event and collecting accomodation money for the event
and I have used GnuCash to generate all my invoices. None of that money
will go to me but instead I will pay all of it to the venue. How do I
account for this? In GnuCash when I made the invoices GnuCash wanted an
income account to register the payments into. So now when I process a
payment it shows up as income - but it isn't. I attempted to make the
"income" account Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable but it was not
possible to select either of those - I guess the software is restricting
the choice based on the 'type' of account.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! jas...

--
Spread the Word! Nonviolence Works! -
http://giraffesocialenterprises.org.uk/

*Although the problems of the world are innumerable, we vow to solve
them.Although the suffering of humanity is limitless, we vow to lesson
it.Although creating a sustainable civilization may be impossible, we vow
to create it.Although saving the world is impossible, we vow to save it.*