Mac OS X 10.6.8 Back End file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 18 03:27:35 EDT 2014

On Jul 18, 2014, at 5:28 AM, Tania Boyd <scubakiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't seem to open a stored file. It keeps saying No back end so it won't open.
> Is this a Mac problem? Also I downloaded the Intel version and now can't get the keys to work.

The first problem is likely that you're trying to open a file that isn't a GnuCash account file, though it may be that you're trying to open GnuCash by double-clicking on an account file in Finder or on your Desktop. That will open GnuCash, but it won't load the file you clicked on. Once GnuCash is running use the File>Open menu item to open an existing file; the last 4 previously-opened files will be at the bottom of the File menu, but if you moved them then the links won't work.

If by "the keys don't work" you mean that you can't type into text fields, you can make sure that you have 2.6.3; some earlier versions have an Input Module (the code that lets users of non-european languages type their characters) bug that prevents typing on OSX 2.5 and 2.6.

Regards,
John Ralls