Credits befroe debits

Patrick Laprocina skyway727-b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 00:16:12 EDT 2014

I imported all of ny Quicken transactions into GnuCash. In my Quicken check register, all of credits for any given day were automatically moved to the beginning of the transaction list for that day, because that is the way that the banks all process transactions - credits then debits per day. When I looked in my GnuCash check register, the credits and debits were scattered about. The only time that I balanced with Quicken was at the end of the day. There were also many indications of overdrafts in GnuCash that did not occur.

I looked in the register settings and could find no option to process credits first. Where/how do I get GnuCash to process credits before debits per day to match my bank records?