Income Report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jul 21 16:53:41 EDT 2014

Vikas,

    What I think you are missing is the difference between accounting on
the "cash" or the "accrual" basis and I believe the business features
(like accounts receivable, invoicing, recording invoices as having been
paid, etc.) are for the "accrual" method of accounting. Why? Because ti
is more common for businesses to be on the accrual basis even if they
are not required to be on that basis (and at least here in the US, many
of them are required to be "accrual").

     Take a look at the documentation where it talks about "cash" vs
"accrual" and if that isn't sufficient to explain it to you, obtain some
elementary accounting books.

     However -- it may well be the case that the jurisdiction where you
are located either allows or requires "cash" basis. I don't think
gnucash provides for producing invoices except for "receivables" << in
other words, something used when on the "accrual" basis >>. But somebody
who knows more about these features can perhaps provide a definite answer.

Michael D Novack

>Hi,
>
>The situation:
>I raise invoice on my customer on some date,
>Customer pays the due on some other date.
>The payment is is two parts:  Some amount credited to my bank account and some
>part (Typically 10%) deducted as tax (TDS - Tax Deducted at Source) and paid
>to my account with Income Tax Department.
>The payment typically happens couple of months after the invoice is raised.
>
>I am looking for a report which tells me the invoices actually paid - not the
>posted ones in a particular period.
>
>For example, I've raised, say 3, invoice, in one accounting period (1 April to
>31 March, in India).  Two of the invoices are actually paid (Amount credited
>to my bank account plus the amount credited to my Income Tax Account) in the
>same accounting period.  The balance one is paid in subsequent accounting
>period.
>
>I am looking for a report to tell me the amount credited in both my accounts -
>Bank and Tax.  If I run a transaction report for particular period on the bank
>or tax account I get the information about the amounts credited in these
>accounts.  I am looking for report telling me the the amounts credited by
>customer in both the accounts, in a particular accounting period.
>
>I may probably be missing something obvious - but I AM missing it!
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Vikas Garud.
>--
>STOP Virus, STOP SPAM, SAVE Bandwidth!
>http://www.safentrix.com/adlink?cid=0
>--

There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.