gnuCash not getting transactions when updating

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 22 16:17:40 EDT 2014

On Jul 22, 2014, at 8:27 PM, Jim Marshall <jm109344 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Just recently moved from Quicken to gnuCash 2.6.3 on Windows 7(64bit). So
> far I am extremely happy with it. I am having one small issue, I would like
> to try and solve it but I can live with it too.
>
> First, this may have been asked before but none of the searches I did on
> google (including using the site=lists.gnucash.org....) found anything that
> seemed relevant.
>
> I've setup several online CC accounts which all appear to work fine. I also
> have some mutual fund accounts and it seems as though the aqBanking is able
> to connect and get data but it never seems to get any transactions.
>
> A specific example, one of my mutual fund accounts is with a company that
> uses the MyStreetScape bank. AqBanking connects but says there are no
> transactions. I know there was a transaction recently (at least 1 last week
> and at least 1 this week). I enabled OFX logging and it seems the response
> is fairly empty (although I am not familiar with the OFX structure to
> really understand it)
>
> Here is the response from the ofx log - I didn't know if you needed the
> request part but it only has the account number (which is correct) and the
> start/end date of the search.
>
> I've put the response below.
>
> Any thoughts on what I can do to figure this out?

I happen to also have a brokerage account with a company that uses Fidelity Institutional, and therefor www.mystreetscape.com, for their backend. You've gotten farther than I ever have with getting any data out of them.

That aside, ISTR that Martin Preuß, the author of AQBanking, was never able to get enough info to reverse-engineer the securities formats for OFX and so they're not supported.

Regards,
John Ralls