Credits befroe debits

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 18:28:59 EDT 2014

Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:32:16
<1405989136.2027.YahooMailNeo at web163402.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>  Patrick
Laprocina <skyway727-b at yahoo.com>

>Gotcha. I tried this package, because it was recommended on the
>Internet, on several different websites, as a viable alternative to
>Quicken. Since it's more accounting oriented, as you state, I'll look
>elsewhere. Thank you for your input.

Other things to think about.  My current account, savings account and
credit card account all account for the order of transactions in
slightly different ways.

My bank knows about most regular amounts coming in and going out by
automated transfer before the actual date and shows this by decreasing
my available balance which I can see online and at machines.  However if
I withdraw cash from a bank machine, that is an immediate transaction
and is recognised to the minute.  How is gnc meant to recognise the cash
withdrawal as being more imperative that a regular payment or vice
versa?  What about debit card purchases which often span a weekend here?
What if there is cash withdrawn with that purchase, are the cash and
payment elements accounted for differently by the bank?

All these and other elements on one account suggest to me (apart from
the seriously practical bit of gnc not knowing you took some money from
a machine) that your credits before debits, even if implemented, would
only work for a limited number of accounts in a limited number of
countries with a limited number of banks, etc.

If *you* are ordering your cr before dr and your bank doesn't care
(you'd know if it did) then why do you care what order gnc does them in
except for "that is what I am used to Quicken doing" ?