Email Messages Triggering Spam Filter [WAS: Re: How to configure the budget report to put a zero or space in bgt & diff columns]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 23 11:35:53 EDT 2014

"ktm at rice.edu" <ktm at rice.edu> writes:

>> Alternatively the GnuCash lists could start modifying email headers, a
>> change to long-standing policy.
>
> It looks like the GnuCash mailing list is using Mailman 2.1.18. I believe
> that there is a patch available to address this issue. We have that problem
> here and will be patching our system soon. A quick fix is to use the
> mailing list address as the sender instead of the address of the message
> submitter. It is a per-list configuration setting.

Indeed, the lists have been running with 2.1.18 for a while now, but I
have not, yet, made the necesary changes to perform From address munging
on DMARC-failing sites like yahoo.  Making that change will probably
happen soon, however.