Scheduled Transactions

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Wed Jul 23 13:43:26 EDT 2014

The easiest way I've found to do this for my checking account(s) is to
just go ahead and enter the future transactions into the register with
the expected date of execution.
On 07/23/2014 10:53 AM, Dwight Raymond wrote:
> Hello:
> I am running GnuCash 2.6.3 on ubuntu 12.04.
> I would like to have a projected balance displayed for each scheduled
> transaction. This would be the current account balance minus/plus a
> running balance of the scheduled transactions.
> This could be an added column to the scheduled transactions list if
> possible.
> It could also be a report that can be generated, but I have failed in an
> attempt to generate such a report.
> Does anyone have a possible solution to my request?

The easiest way I've found to do this for my checking account(s) is to
just go ahead and enter the future transactions into the register with
the expected date of execution. You get a bold separator line between
current and future transactions...makes it easier to see current
balance, but the last line of the register will show a projected balance
after future transactions take place.  Not as convenient as using the
scheduled transaction feature, but it's more important to me to know how
much I can spend now and still cover outstanding commitments.

RBM